Work Permit in USA with Free Accommodation – How to Apply


Work Permit in USA: Aside of being a top tourism and study destination, USA has succeeded in luring a large share of world’s abroad workers. With a highly developed and market-orientated economy, the USA offers to employees not only vacant jobs and high salaries. The good working conditions where worker’s rights are respected, make it even more of an ideal country to work.

Yet, not everybody can just move to the United State of America and get a job. There are a lot of procedures that one needs to complete and conditions to meet in order to be able to work in the USA.

Recommended: FREE Canada Work Visa, Scholarships, Jobs & Accommodation | Make $80,000 Monthly – Apply Now


One of the main components of being able to work in the USA is getting the right kind of work visa. There are several work visas for USA, depending on your profession and qualifications.

Types of Work Permit in USA

There are several types of USA work visas depending on the purpose and the kind of work that you want to do.


Here are the types of USA Temporary Work Visas:

1. H1B Visa: Person in Specialty Occupation. To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models of distinguished merit and ability and government-to-government research and development, or co-production projects administered by the Department of Defense.


2. H-1B1 Visa: Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Professional – Chile, Singapore. To work in a specialty occupation. Requires a post-secondary degree involving at least four years of study in the field of specialization. (Note: This is not a petition-based visa.)

3. H-2A visa: Temporary Agricultural Worker. For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.


4. H-2B Visa: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker. For temporary or seasonal non- agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

5. H-3 Visa: Trainee or Special Education visitor. To receive training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country or practical training programs in the education of children with mental, physical, or emotional disabilities.

6. I Visa: Representatives of Foreign Media. The visa allows journalists and those who work in the information or media sector to complete their work while in the U.S.

7. L1 Visa: Intracompany Transferee. To work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge. Individual must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for 1 year within the three preceding years

8. P-1 Visa: Individual or Team Athlete, or Member of an Entertainment Group. To perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete or as a member of an entertainment group. Requires an internationally recognized level of sustained performance. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

9. P-2 Visa: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group). For performance under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization in another country. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

10. P-3 Visa: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group). To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

11. R-1 Visa: Temporary Nonimmigrant Religious Workers. To help foreign nationals to come to the U.S and work in a religious organization. Only ministers and those who are directly tied to religious work are qualified.

12. TN Visa: NAFTA Workers. This visa allows lawyers, scientists, engineers, teachers from Canada to work in the US temporarily.

13. O1 Visa: Visa for persons with extraordinary abilities. The O1 visa is for those who show expert knowledge in science, business, education, athletics, or art, including international recognition for their work.

Work Permit in USA Requirements

In addition to fulfilling the three qualifying preconditions, you will also need to have these documents:

1. Valid passport – which needs to be valid for the entire duration of your stay in the U.S and an additional six months after you return

2. US visa photo – which you need to upload when you fill out the online application form.

3. The Receipt Number, which you can find on your approved Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker (I-129 Form) which your employer filed.

4. A confirmation page that you have completed your Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160 Form).

5. Receipt that proves that you have paid the application fee. For US work visas, the application fee is $190. There might also be additional fees that apply to your location, so you should check with your local U.S Embassy about more details.

6. Proof that you will return to your home country after your work in the U.S ends. This applies to all types of work visas with the exception of the H-1B and the L visa.

Examples of how you can prove you will return from the U.S include the following:

  • Submitting your economic situation
  • Your family relationships
  • Any long term plans you might have
  • Residence that you plan on returning to

7. For those applying for an L Visa, you will also need to have a filled I-129S form (Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition). You should bring this form with you when you have your visa interview.

Besides these general requirements, which apply to all those who want to get a U.S work visa, there might also be other documents which you need to submit. You should contact your local U.S Embassy for more detailed information.

How to Apply for Work Permit in USA

You can submit your visa application at the USA visa application center in your home country. There is a list of USA visa application centers worldwide here. You can also apply online through the USA Home Office Visas and Immigration Service website.

The documents you must provide depend on the type of visa you’re applying for. If you’re applying for a H1B (General) visa, you must provide:

1. A valid passport or travel ID.

2. Evidence that you can support yourself financially (e.g., bank statements, sponsor confirmation).

3. Proof of English language ability.

4. Proof of payment of the healthcare surcharge.

Your work visa length depends on the length of your employment contract. You may extend it if you don’t exceed the maximum length for your visa type. Apply online or at a USA visa premium service center.

If you want to ensure your best chances at getting an approval on your US work visa application, then we recommend you book a consultation with us to understand your options. We have helped thousands and thousands of workers successfully enter the US on a work permit, and we can help you too!