USA DV Visa Lottery Online application form portal is open for all that are interested in migrating legally to United States of America (USA) to do so using the steps and guidelines provided. This is an opportunity for you to live, work and study in USA. Read and follow the steps to apply successfully.
USA DV Visa Lottery Online Application Portal 2023: How to Apply for United States of America Visa
The Resident Card Lottery Program also known as Diversity Immigration Visa Lottery Program is a chance for 45,000 people from all over the world to become permanent and legal residents of the United States which implies that they can live, work and study in USA.
The Department of State annually administers the statutorily created Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For Fiscal Year 2024, up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available. There is no cost to register for the DV program.
Requirements for USA Visa Lottery
- Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a DV. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing.
- The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
For DV-2024, natives of the following countries and areas are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, Venezuela, and Vietnam. Natives of Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible.
America Visa Lottery Form
The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
Eligibility for USA Visa Lottery
Requirement #1: Natives of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States may be eligible to enter.
- If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s
- country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States at the same time.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2024 program.
Requirement #2: Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
• at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary
• two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to
perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
How to Apply for USA Visa Lottery 2023
Interested applicants should visit; https://dvprogram.state.gov/
DV-2024 Program: Online Registration
DV-2024 Program: The online registration period for the DV-2023 Program begins on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) and concludes on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Submission of more than one entry for a person will disqualify all entries for that person.
Application Closing Date for USA Visa Lottery (D-2024) Applications
Application closes on April 10, 2023
Note: Submission of more than one entry for a person will disqualify all entries for that person.