Everyone has a dream to study abroad or to study in such a country where education standards are high and result-oriented. Unfortunately, due to the high cost of studies as compared to their home countries, the dream remains unrealistic. But do not worry when you have a fantastic opportunity in the form of fully-funded scholarship.
The scholarships are of various kinds ranging from merit-based scholarships to need-based scholarships and research scholarships etc. Multiple global organizations, governments as well as educational institutions often arrange these scholarships for national or international students.
*Full scholarships in this list pertains to scholarships that cover at the least, both the tuition fee and living expenses.
Top 10 Government Scholarship for International Student to Study Abroad
Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program are prestigious scholarships for international students who wants to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree in the United States. Generally, the grant funds tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance, etc. The Fulbright program provides funding for the duration of the study.
British Chevening Scholarships (UK)
Chevening Scholarships, the UK government’s global scholarship programme, are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential. Awards are typically for a one-year Master’s degree. Most Chevening Scholarships cover: tuition fees; a living allowance at a set rate (for one individual); an economy class return airfare to the UK; additional grants to cover essential expenditure.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research at one of the public funded university or recognized institution in Switzerland. The scholarship covers a monthly allowance, tuition fees, health insurance, lodging allowance, etc.
Swedish Scholarships (Sweden)
The Swedish Institute provides scholarships in Sweden to highly-qualified international students from developing countries who wants to pursue full-time Masters studies at Swedish Universities. The scholarship covers tuition fee, living expenses, some travel grant, and insurance.
Australian Awards Scholarship
Australia Awards, an initiative of the Australian Government, is a program with up to 3000 Masters Scholarships every year for eligible working class students – with 1000 going to African students. This is one of the best scholarship programs you can apply for because it prioritises your work experience over academic grades and qualifications. For years, a third class academic performance could get you this full government sponsored scholarship. You just need to tick off all other eligibility boxes.
Fulbright Student Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program helps graduate students, young professionals and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The scholarships are for a Master’s or PhD degree, and can also be awarded for non-degree postgraduate studies. Study and research under this program is for one or more years at U.S. universities or other appropriate institutions. The number of awards differs per country, but approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
Up to 1,500, Chevening scholarships are offered every year to international students. The scholarship offers financial support for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni. Like the number 8 scholarship on this list, Chevening scholarships expects you to have at least two years’ work experience. This may be up to five years depending on your country.
New Zealand Development Scholarships
New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) select candidates from other countries – mostly developing countries – and offers them the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in specific subject areas that will assist in the development of their home country. The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs while in New Zealand, and airfares. The partners of students are also eligible for a work visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner’s study.
Korean Government Scholarships
Up to 125,000 international students studied in South Korea in 2018 and the government has set its goal even higher planning to attract 200,000 international students by 2023. As part of this ongoing focus on internationalization, several undergraduate and graduate scholarships are given every year to international students by the Korean Government. Instead of paying over $6000 in tuition fees and another $800 in monthly living expenses, you and other students from over 155 countries can enjoy this fully-funded scholarship by the Korean Government.
Basic requirements to get a scholarship:
Following are some basic requirements of every scholarship. Students should pay full attention to all these aspects while applying for fully-funded international scholarships. These requirements include:
- Fully attended application or the registration form
- Motivation letter and personal statement
- Recommendation letters
- Acceptance letter from the academic institution (if required)
- In case of need base scholarship, low-income proof
- Official financial statements
- Proof of academic achievements (if any)
- Poof of accolades in extracurricular activities (if any)
- IELTS or GREE (if required)
Eligibility criteria for scholarship:
Each scholarship has different eligibility criteria ranging from the age of the applicants to their nationality. All the scholarship opportunities always clearly mention the criteria in their application. Students must read the eligibility options thoroughly before applying for any scholarship. They must check for their country first. If the country is present in the list of the countries who can apply, the next thing the applicant must watch is the age limit. Similarly, some scholarships are for women only, some are for some specific ethnic groups and some are for all international students. So, before applying to any funded scholarship, one must clearly know either one is eligible or not.
How to apply for a scholarship?
Applying for a scholarship is a simple task yet it seems difficult. In the above paragraphs surely you have understood the process in a comprehensive way. Other technicalities are discussed below in a coherent way.
- Complete the registration by completing the given application form. Remember not to leave any blank in your application form. If you think you have nothing to write in the given box, then simply write N/A but don’t leave a blank.
- Give the correct E-mail address and check your confirmation for registration.
- Write a strong personal statement as it is the most crucial and important part of getting a scholarship. Check some best models for writing a good personal statement on the internet. Try to be genuine and original in writing your personal statement.
- Make your academic record verified by the official verification institute of your country
- Some of the research-based scholarships require a research proposal. Work hard to formulate your best proposal. It is better if you get some information about the supervisor you are going to choose and learn about his/her research work and then make your proposal according to the interest of your supervisor as well as your own interest. This will maximize the chance to get a scholarship.
- In case of need base scholarships, your bank statements must be clearing showing that you are deserving candidate for the opportunity you are applying for.
- The letters of recommendation must be verifiable. Mention correct E-mail and contact number on the letter.
Follow the discussed method properly and wait for the result. There are high chances if you track the required criteria properly you will surely get a full scholarship. Last but not the least, every achievement involves commitment and dedication. Stay committed and dedicated towards your goals and you will reach your destiny.
Leave a Reply