Tonsil Stone/Fetor Oris, otherwise called mouth odouris common in the society today. According to recent research, mouth odour covers about 40% of the reasons why people visit the dentist. Mouth odour means having unpleasant odour coming from one’s mouth while he/she engages in a discussion.
This makes people uncomfortable because it is seen as an insult when you tell people they have bad breath and Tonsil Stone. 35% of the world population ( 1 out of 4 people) have Fetor Oris of which 23% don’t even notice they have the condition.
If you or someone you know has bad breath, this post is for you. I have gathered information on causes of mouth odour and how to avoid Tonsil Stone.
Related posts you may like;
PERSONAL HYGIENE: HOW CAN I TAKE CARE OF MYSELF?.
TOP 10 BUSINESSES YOU CAN DO AS A NIGERIAN STUDENT.
causes of bad breath and Tonsil Stone
- Consumption of certain food: there are foods that can naturally give you bad breath after consumption. Though people freely and unknowingly take these foods, it is important you understand them and avoid taking them if possible. Foods like Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Crayfish, etc.Remedy: avoid eating them so that you will keep enjoying your fresh breath. If you must take them, make sure you brush your teeth immediately to avoid embarrassing yourself in public.
2. Oral Hygiene: poor oral hygiene is the number one cause of bad breath. Lack of or improper brushing of the teeth causes about 65% of bad breath. When you don’t brush regularly, good particles and other things you chew will keep accumulating and can lead to serious tooth decay and possible bad breath.Remedy: make sure you brush your teeth twice daily; morning and at night before bedtime. According to Dentists, you should brush after taking your breakfast so that all food particles will be removed. Lastly, visit your dentist twice yearly (every 6 months).
DON’T MISS NO WIFE MATERIAL AGAIN: SHE COOKED RICE IN A KETTLE FOR ME- NIGERIAN MAN CRIES OUT.
- 3.Smoking: the use of tobacco is one of the leading causes of bad breath. Whether by smoking it or by chewing it, tobacco is not good for your health and your breath. Remedy: avoid tobacco as it gives so many side effects; from lungs disease, bad breath to colouring of the teeth
- 4. Dry mouth: when you close your mouth for a long time, it leads to mouth odour. Saliva on its own plays a vital role in cleaning the mouth.Remedy: allow air in and out of the mouth regularly. Take liquid substance like water often. Visit your dentist if the condition persists for a long time as it could be as a result of your system lacking some vitamins.>
- 5.Use of drugs: Nitrates and some other chemotherapy are seen as common drugs that can give one bad breath. These drugs contain some chemicals which affect the lungs when ingested and/or injected. Remedy: avoid these drugs and if you must take them, it should be under the supervision of a physician or psychotherapist.
- 6. Disease of the lungs: there are diseases that naturally cause bad breath. Diseases like Pneumonia, Bronchiectasis, etc can cause mouth odour.Remedy: here, you have to understand that there is nothing you can do, rather brush regularly while you heal from the disease.
- 7. Fasting: yes! Fasting regularly can literally lead to bad breath. Just as I mentioned earlier, when you close your mouth for a long time or when avoid taking liquid substance for a long time.
Leave a Reply