The Gates Scholarship is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Recommended: FREE Canada Work Visa, Scholarships, Jobs & Accommodation | Make $80,000 Monthly – Apply Now
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
To apply, students must be:
1. A high school senior
2. From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
4. A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
5. In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US-accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
An ideal candidate will have:
1. An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
2. Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
3. Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply
1. Click Here to visit our official website.
2. Click on Crate an Account button if you didn’t have an account in us before now.
3. Fill in your personal data on the space provided below which includes your First Name, Last Name, Birthdate, Profile, Email, Confirm Email, Password, & Confirm Password.
5. Click on CREATE ACCOUNT button.
6. A welcome email will be sent to your Email account shortly, containing a verification link that enables you to sign in. If you don’t receive an email from us within a couple of minutes, please check your junk/spam folder.
7. Please verify your account by clicking on the LINK sent to your email.
8. Sign In to your Account by entering your Email address and password on the space provided.
9. Once, all these are done you have to edit your Profile, Address/Phone, High School Info, MySocialNetworks & MyTGS System Preferences.
The application portal opens July 15, and it accepts applications from interested applicants until December 30
Please don’t hesitate to apply now!
Leave a Reply